Monday, February 21, 2011

In the Kitchen

Many of you know that I recently became a Pampered Chef Independent Kitchen Consultant. So far I'm loving it. Most people agree that Pampered Chef has a great product. The idea of being in direct sales only started creeping onto my radar when I quit my full-time gig - before that I would have scoffed at the idea. And even after, I couldn't imagine what I would be willing to sell. But since my job has become more about home management, I've had to find creative ways to feed my family. And I am a big believer in having the right tools for the job. I've loved Pampered Chef since my first stone 10 years ago, and I love the idea of helping other people find easy ways to make mealtime easier and more fun. This weekend when I was preparing food for a get-together with friends, I had a lot of fun using my sharp knives, no stick muffin pan, and delicious recipes.

A few weeks ago I was talking about trying a meal plan that Pampered Chef has. It's a pack of cards that give recipes and grocery lists for a 2 week time-span. Life has gotten in the way of me getting thru all 2 weeks worth of recipes, but we've gotten thru enough of them to know they are pretty good- even for my picky eaters (esp my husband!). Anyway, friends and family want me to share and I'm willing and able. So don't be surprised to see some recipes popping up on here regularly.

Today's recipe is SO easy and absolutely fabulous. Lisa, this ones for you. Dust that Deep Covered Baker out and get it going! The Deep Covered Baker is all the rage right now and it is because it is so easy to use and clean. It can go in the microwave to make breakfast, dinner, or dessert!

Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas
Ingredients
2 medium green or red bell peppers or combination
2 medium onions
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp Chipotle Rub (or taco or fajita seasoning)

12 flour tortillas

Toppings - cheese, sour cream, salsa

Directions
1. Slice peppers and onions. Slice garlic (use PC Garlic Slicer if you have it). Put veggies in Deep Covered Baker. Coat the chicken with the seasoning. Place chicken over veggies in the baker.

2. (This is the best part! :) MICROWAVE, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 in thickest part of chicken and juices run clear. Chop or shred chicken. (PC Salad Choppers can be used for this.) Stir chicken and veggies together.

3. Warm up tortillas. (Small tortillas can be put into the Large Micro-Cooker and microwaved on High for 30 seconds.) Spoon chicken and veggie mixture onto centers of tortillas, add toppings, and chow down!

Yields 6 servings.

Enjoy!! And email me if you are interested in The Pampered Chef!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!