Monday, February 7, 2011

My Daily Bread

Give us this day our daily bread…

Lord, you always provide for me. This weekend you gave me a day away.. and cooperative children. You cleared my mind for the planning, and you included new friends and inspiration. You give me opportunities to hold my children, pay my bills, and get my groceries. You have given me a vehicle that runs, usually has heat, and the safety features we need to keep our family safe.

You’ve provided me with a pediatrician who I trust. With flu shots, with medicine.. actually, with amazingly healthy kids. I have the money I need to pay my bills, the resources to figure out how to manage my money, and the motive – my family.

I have a warm home. I have ideas about how I can make it more functional for my family. I have little girls who get excited about a place for their things. I have groceries and a kitchen and an oven.

I have friends who call and share a laugh – fuel for my soul. I have brothers and sisters who care and celebrate life’s little victories with me. I have parents who would drop everything for my children.

This is my bread. The fact is, this is my daily bread. I have a country that allows me freedom to work and live as I wish. I was raised in a middle class home and have somehow maintained that into my adult life. This is my daily bread. It’s a feast, it’s an overwhelming feast that I do not deserve. But it is daily what God provides for me.

Amazing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!