Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Procrastinating

There is plenty to do around here, but I’d rather be writing! Or at least sharing. Or reading. Ok, anything but cleaning! So, I found a good excuse to be here. Here are some of my favorite verses:

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my Peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Philippians 2:9-11

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place,

and gave him the name that is above every name,

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,

in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father.

Isaiah 55:11,12

…so is my word that goes out from my mouth:

It will not return to me empty,

but will accomplish what I desire

and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;

the mountains and hills

will burst into song before you,

and all the trees of the field

will clap their hands.

Titus 3:4-8

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his Mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that having been justified by his Grace, we might become heirs having the Hope of Eternal Life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good.

I Peter 4:8

Above all, Love each other deeply, because Love covers a multitude of sins.

Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men…

I Timothy 6:6-8

Serving God does make us rich, if we are satisfied with what we have. We brought nothing into the world, so we can take nothing out. But if we have food and clothes, we will be satisfied with that.

I Thessalonians 5:9-11

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Revelation 21:3

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”

Song of Solomon 8:6,7

Place me like a seal over your heart,

like a seal on your arm;

for love is as strong as death,

its jealousy unyielding as the grave.

It burns like a blazing fire,

like a mighty flame.

Many waters cannot quench love;

rivers cannot sweep it away.

If one were to give

all the wealth of one’s house for love,

it would be utterly scorned.

Mark 1:40-42

A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, “If you re willing, you can make me clean.”

Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.

The more time I spend in the word, the more I get to know the heart of Jesus and the love of God. I urge you to choose a passage and read more of the context. Get lost in it for a while, no matter how much your house needs cleaned. J And share some of your favorite verses with me. I tend to come back to the same ones over and over. I need to branch out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!