Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's Time


There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

I love starting things.

And I’m good at it.

So is my husband.  We are IDEA people.

I’m a planner, no doubt.  I love brainstorming and making lists of things to do.  And planning how they should be done and what it should look like when it’s finished.

Houses, rooms, meals, careers.  I love planning things.

Following through, however, is not my strength.

I’m SO good at getting distracted.  So good at losing focus.  If God was handing out talents for losing focus, he gave me a truckload.  ;)  Walk through my basement and you will see lots of evidence of PLANS.

I like knowing there IS a time, a season under heaven, for brainstorming and planning.  I like knowing that the thing I enjoy doing does have a purpose.

I am frustrated with the other part of this truth here, but I also KNOW there is a time for following through.  And if there is a time for it, God will make it happen.  If I can truly hand over my ministry in life to God – if you can put your ministry in God’s hands – he will do amazing things.

In fact, he can do amazing things with or without our approval. 

But like an orchestra of musicians and their director working TOGETHER to create a powerful sound – can you imagine how incredible it will be when we work in harmony with God’s plan?

That’s the new plan. I’ve enjoyed making it.  And God-willing, I’ll see it through!  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!