Monday, June 15, 2009

Luxury

There are some nice things about living in town. But my heart is, well, out in the middle of nowhere, and I'm looking forward to getting there.

I can't wait to have a clothesline, rippling with clean clothes and sheets. I have always loved being able to put rugs out on the line, or a big quilt that could just use some fresh air.
Fresh air for my kids.. and me. Even the wind, despite it's strength, will be welcome. I know it will be strong, and at times frustrating, but hopefully it will remind me of my place in the universe and the control that I lack. It will be healthy.
Room for the dog to run, anytime she wants. And that goes for all of us. Room to run, to grow things, to sit quietly and think.
A black sky with a million stars. A quiet night with no trains, no biker bar opening down the street.
A house all our own, built by hand and heart just for us - a luxury I didn't expect to see at the age of 31.

1 comment :

  1. I'm so happy for you guys, things look awesome! I'm glad you had such a great weekend too---we'll catch up soon, I miss ya!!
    Hugs, JD in GC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!