Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!





Lord thank you for 2 little girls that went to sleep last night, albeit a little late, and slept all night. For one little girl who sings “Twinkle Twinkle” with me when I sing it to her before I lay her down. For another who gets in as many giggles as she can before closing her eyes.

Thank you for 2 little girls who woke up this morning – a little sleepy, but happy and healthy. Who were all smiles as they began opening their gifts and have no idea how much stuff they now own.

Thank you for too many presents and helping me see how good we have it. Help me not buy so many presents next year. Thank you for thoughtful children and husband and for hugs and candy in our stockings.

Lord thank you for a delicious meal and children who ran off before eating all their vegetables and for cookies for everyone. For laughter and light conversation and for games and relaxing as the snow falls outside. Thank you for naptime and a quiet house and even for a whiney 6 year old who challenges me all day long.

Thank you for all these Christmases and too many desserts and more family members than I can count. For safe drives and a warm house to come home to and new stories to read before bed. Thank you for all these gifts that might teach my girls something else about their world. For a world that reveals so much about you and about other people – different and the same.

Thank you for a baby Jesus that came

to save all of us.

Loving, complaining, failing, forgiving.

All of us.

And help me celebrate this better next year. And let us continue to celebrate this

every day this year.

We believe.

Thank you.

2 comments :

  1. your girls are so cute in their matching dresses! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The girls are too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!