Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday's Mom Moment

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Romans 12:1

I’m a little tired today and a little overwhelmed. It’s Monday, so I’m sure I’m not alone. J It’s not an impossible feeling.. just I need a little boost. The Spirit led me to Romans 12 and it was exactly what I needed to hear.

It’s a Mom Monday. The house needs a lot of work, I’m trying to get my Pampered Chef business off and running, I need a shower… but my baby girl wants me to play. And for a little while, I didn’t argue. It was nice. She wanted help with her Lite-Brite and we worked on making an ice cream cone picture together.

Now she’s off doing something else, and I am free to go on with my day. I think it would be easy for me to get up and feel guilty about not having accomplished more by now. But I don’t think that’s going to be very useful. That guilt and that frustration is a sign of the sin that follows me mercilessly, and I don’t need it. Spending a little time with my girl is not a bad thing. And if I can get up, “throw off the sin that entangles,” and start my day with THAT kind of approach – running “with perseverance the race marked out” for me and fixing my “eyes on Jesus,” I think I’ll have a good one.

Moms, be empowered to throw off the sin that entangles us and fix your eyes on Jesus. He has blazed a path for us, taken care of the dirty work, and asks us to live with joy and not lose heart. Be proud of the moments you can spend with your children, and the plans you have for your day. Work as if you are working for the Lord, and not for men. (Colossians 3:23) Have a great week.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!