Friday, August 19, 2011

A Kitchen

I finally get the chance, just for a few minutes, to write – and I stare at the keys. There is so much lately that I have wanted to share. So many moments. But I barely have time for updates.Yesterday we were cleaning here at home, and I felt like I was making little progress. Even after 4 boxes of packing, the living room had been destroyed again by some little helpers. There’s just a lot going on.

School starts next week for us. We have been on a very not-school-friendly schedule this summer. We stay up late so we can see or help daddy, and sleep in a bit. The girls need more rest and I’m trying to figure out how we are going to balance everything between now and move in day.

Brad has insisted, though, that we get away before the summer is officially over. We will head up to Chicago soon for a couple of nights as a family. I’m looking forward to it. We have a slow schedule planned and I hope we can just enjoy some time away from all the responsibilities we have facing us here.

When we leave we will leave a house much closer to move-in-ready. Here is what I found when I went out to the house last night!



The kids were excited too! Even Edwin couldn’t get enough of that new kitchen floor. He crawled around in circles giggling and pounding on it with his toy car. It was pretty entertaining.Honestly, that’s kindof what I wanted to do too. I loved watching him celebrate it with us.



It’s funny how yesterday was a reminder, again, of how differently Brad and I think. I assume that one would lay all the floors (kitchen, bathroom, etc), then set all the cabinets, then work on all the plumbing. But for one reason or another, after finishing the kitchen floor, in came the cabinets and he started hanging them as soon as he could. (I think part of the reason is that he enjoys cabinet work. J) We both are very pleased with the cabinets that we chose and currently favor the kitchen. Good thing, since the kitchen is where I spend most of my time.

Now if I could only pick out my ceiling fans, we’d be almost done making decisions. I look forward to that day. Almost as much as I look forward to move-in day.

The home building continues… J

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!